OREEC's mission is to stimulate innovation and business development through increased cooperation between members and an array of cluster development activities.
1. ORGANISATION AND STRUCTURE
The legal status of OREEC is a Membership Association. The Board comprises 8 members elected by the Annual Member Assembly. Currently OREECs board comprises major cleantech actors in the region such energy companies, research institutions, consulting and financing institutions.
The secretariat is hosted by Kunnskapsbyen Lillestrøm and is headed by a Director.
Members cover: Renewable energy producers, the supply industry, research institutions, universities and educational institutions, financial institutions and consultants.
Currently OREEC has 35 registered members.
The overall objective of OREEC is to increase innovation and business development among its members. This shall be achieved by the following means:
Competence development for better recruitment
Coordinating cooperation between industry and educational institutions
Provide lecturers from industry to high schools and universities
Coordinate students' and universities' needs for bachelor and master projects in industry
Educational programmes on all levels between primary school and university
Exploit business opportunities through OREEC's well established cooperation with international cleantech cluster organizations, e.g.:
- International Cleantech Network
- Cleantech initiatives in Boston (New England Clean Energy Council, Massachusetts Technology Transfer Center)
Innovation through optimised use of resources
- Match well established members with financial and other resources with start-ups that represent interesting technologies.
- Visualization and mutual exploitation of the cluster's total resources within research, finance, internationalisation, commercialisation, etc.
- Participation in lighthouse projects through consortia
- Stimulating innovation through OREEC’s Innovation Park concept
Matchmaking, conferences and seminars
- CleanTuesday, informal meeting place one Tuesday every month
- Annual conference: Oslo Renewable Energy Day
- OREEC Innovation Award
- Pitching sessions for start-ups
3. FOCUS AREAS
Main areas of activity of the cluster:
- Energy recovery from waste
- Solar energy – thermal and PV technology
- Hydrogen and fuel cell for transportation
- Energy Efficiency
4. GEOGRAFIC COVERAGE